Simple CPU v1a: Practicals
Thought it would be useful to include a selection of some of the simpleCPU lectures and practicals i use in the modules i teach. Their aim was to quickly highlight the key topics / ideas covered in later practicals and exercise classes. The practicals are based around two software packages Xilinx ISE 14.7 (Link) and CPUSim (Link):
- Lecture 01 : Introduction - Module aims, Learning outcomes ...
- Lecture 02 : Data types - Number bases, Conversion, Boolean logic gates ...
- Lecture 03 : Combinatorial Logic - Multiplexers, Encoders, Decoders, Binary arithmetic ...
- Lecture 04 : Sequential Logic - Flip-flops, Registers, Counters, Memory ...
- Lecture 05 : The Computer - F-D-E, Instruction sets, Assembly language, GPIO ...
- Lecture 06 : The CPU - Optimisations, Addressing modes, Stacks ...
- Laboratory 01 : Logic gates and signals
- Laboratory 02 : Logic gates - hardwired controllers
- Laboratory 03 : Encoders and Decoders
- Laboratory 04 : Binary arithmetic
- Laboratory 05 : Flip-flops and Registers
- Laboratory 06 : CPUSim - Fetch, Decode, Execute
- Laboratory 07 : CPUSim - Addressing modes
- Laboratory 08 : SimpleCPU_v1a - Parallel IO
- Laboratory 09 : SimpleCPU_v1a - Serial IO
- Laboratory 10 : SimpleCPU_v1d - Image processing
- Laboratory 11 : SimpleCPU_v1d - Data structures
- Laboratory 12 : SimpleCPU_v1d - High level languages
WORK IN PROGRESS
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Contact email: email@example.com